JFCS is able to help an average of 300 children and their at-risk families per month..
Each month JFCS has custody of an average of 250 children from Duval and Nassau counties who have been removed from their families due to abuse, neglect, or abandonment. Our goal is to assist with the reunification of the family that is stable and self sufficient and can safely care for the child. We are able to do so through a variety of services and programs:
- Parental Training
- Supervised Visitations
- Counseling and Psychiatric Services
- Child Care Referrals
Foster Care Adoption Program
Every year an average of 75 children find new loving homes through adoption when parents are no longer able to provide for them. If you would like to grow your family through adoption we have services that can help you achieve that goal.
Child Safety Independent Living
JFCS’s Independent Living Program is designed to assist and prepare youth age 13 and over to successfully transition to adulthood and become self-sufficient.
These services include:
- Assistance in obtaining a high school diploma
- Career exploration
- Vocational training
- Training in daily living skills, budgeting and financial management skills
- Substance abuse prevention and preventive health activity.
Child Abuse Prevention
JFCS supervises children not only in foster care but placed with relatives and non-relatives, which is often referred to as in-home care. JFCS uses a Family-Centered casework practice model which includes a variety of activities designed to help families strengthen their dynamic and address issues that may threaten their stability. JFCS is able to help an average of 300 children and their at-risk families per month to make the changes necessary to keep their children safe and out of the Dependency Court system.
These services include:
- In home parenting support, education and skill building
- In home counseling for parents and guardians
- Substance abuse counseling and resources
- Provide basic needs such as beds, clothing, and baby necessities
- Financial management and budgeting education
- Family- centered assessments and behavior modification
- Case planning and management
- Advocating for the family
- “Family Treasures”, a communication course.
- Medical and Dental Services
We accept referrals from the Department of Children & Families, Jacksonville Sherriff’s Office (JSO), local schools and the Jacksonville community.