…to help families meet basic needs and get back on their feet.
Jewish Family & Community Services (JFCS) helps individuals and families take control of their lives, achieve self-sufficiency, and maintain their dignity. JFCS disburses federal, state and private funds to help families meet basic needs and get back on their feet.
NOTE: Funding availability fluctuates.
JFCS helps with:
- Rent and mortgage assistance, as available
- Utility payments
- Food assistance
*** JFCS does not accept walk-ins for financial assistance.
To setup an appointment for financial assistance, please call 2-1-1 first.
2-1-1 is the phone number for the United Way's referral service. You must first receive a referral from the United Way. The best time to call 2-1-1 is at 8:00 AM on Monday mornings.
Standing Tall Life Skills
To help people lead productive, self-sufficient lives, JFCS teaches a seven-part life skills education course called “Standing Tall.” Our modules include:
- Developing a Personal Budget and Savings Plan
- Utilizing Checking Accounts and Banking Options
- Grocery Shopping on a Budget and Wise Nutrition
- Affordable Housing and Housing Resources
- Effective Job Search
- Developing Positive Assertiveness
- JEA’s “Savings Without Sacrifice”
For more information on Standing Tall, call 904.394.5715 or fill out the form to the right.
To request a Financial Assistance appointment please call United Way/2-1-1 at 211.